2013 was quite the whirlwind of a year for me. I want to take a moment and recognize the great moments, memories and
accomplishments it contained. By doing so I more fully appreciate who I am and what I am capable of doing while also gaining the courage and motivation to reach new heights in 2014.
In 2013, I …
- taught five youth media education courses in Rhode Island: 1) URI First Star Academy web design, 2) Adoption RI multimedia, 3) Central Falls Guide 2 Success video production, 4) Calcutt Middle School video production, and 5) Calcutt Middle School Summer Program- creating video games
- helped create and launch the Harrington School of Communication and Media website, which has been viewed over 21,000 times
- attended the College Television Awards in LA to receive the Loreen Arbus Focus on Disability scholarship for my documentary Expressions of Hope
- went to California for a second time to attend my first NAMLE conference & was highlighted as a NAMLE member of the month in December
- went to Europe for nearly two weeks and toured the wonderful cities of Paris, Munich and Prague along with the beautiful countryside of the Czech Republic
- started a master’s program in the Graduate School of Education at UB and received a graduate assistant position
- presented at four conferences and one workshop: NAMLE 2013 Conference, Northeast Media Literacy Conference, NERA Annual Conference, BRAFFTV Toronto Conference, Digital Engagements Workshop
- and moved back to New York
All of these highlights of 2013 would not be complete without my friends, family, advisors and colleagues. I’m looking forward what is yet to come in 2014!